Dec 24, 2005

Yotsubato!






This is Yotsubato! Released in the U.S. as Yotsuba&! This manga has endeared itself to me in so many ways. It is cute, funny, simple, beautiful to look at & just plain awesome. I picked up the three volumes that were released in the U.S. a few months back & am eagerly anticipating the release of #4. I couldn't remember the last time I laughed out loud reading a manga. This manga comes highly recommended by Tsuji Eriku, I even recommended this manga to long time Flying Colors Comics employee & nerd extrordinaire wonton (www.wonton.net) . He thanked me from the bottom of his heart for it. He even asked to borrow the remaining two volumes that he doesn't own from me because he is a cheap bastard. Please give Yotsubato a try you won't be sorry you did! & be sure to let us know what you think........

2 comments:

JuanJohn said...

I'll have to pick it up some time, looks funny. When I know enough vocab I'm going to start buying manga's like crazy in japnese and start translating them. Just for fun and study. This one will have to be on the list.

Tsuji Eriku said...

I've never seen manga in Romanji. That may be tough JuanJohn. Unless you can read kanji, hiragana & katakana. But yeah, I'm actually starting Japanese school in January & part of the curriculum includes learning kanji & kana. It's a great study idea though.