Mar 12, 2006

Save Japan Town then go watch Wasabi.


I hear you bro!!



Hirosue Ryoko



I picked this flick up for $20 bucks at Barnes & Nobles recently. I first saw it back in 2003. If you're in the mood for a fun flick I highly recommend that you pick it up. It stars everyone's favorite Frenchman Jean Reno & an idol I wasn't to keen on before, Ryoko Hirosue. I will say that she is a great actress & does an outstanding job playing a Tokyo ga-ru with attitude. She is so kawaii in this movie!
You get to see Tokyo Street scenes and Ryoko make Jean Reno's life hell. The guy that plays Momo provides a good amount of comic relief. This is not a movie to be taken seriously but rather a fun way to kill some spare time.

After Japanese class Cabral & I walked back to Japan Town for some eats & came across this brotha fighting the good fight. He was holding up signs & passing out flyers for the Save Japan Town rally/petition. For those that don't know, Japan Center is going up for sale soon (from what I gather). Depending on who buys the place & what they plan to do with it...it could spell the end for Japan Town. This would suck, no doubt. The more I thought about it though if I really really really wanted to be real about the situation, I'd have to say that whoever's in charge at Japan Center could have done a way better job keeping the place up & getting other boutiques to do business there. I mean if there were more places that had what I needed I would be blowing alot more okane in there than I do now. I took a step back while I was there yesterday & kinda looked around & soaked it all in. I can definitely say that Japan Center has seen much better days.
Would it be such a bad thing if a new company did buy Japan Center? It would if they bought it & turned it into something other than a Japan Town. If they bought it & kept the place Japan Town but brought in a fresh new vibe...I think that may be good. I have frequented many restuarants & stores in Japan Center for years... but let's face it, business is business & every one of those shops would have to step up game if I were running Japan Center.
Just a thought, I would definitely rather have my rickety old Japan Center than have no Japan Center at all but I am imagining a new & improved Japan Center with kick ass boutiques in it where I could hang out all day long after class ya know. What about the stores in there already? Well Nihon Machi, across the street from Japan Center would be a great place to renovate & could house alot of the smaller boutiques doing business in the Center now. Wow it all seems so simple hehe. I know I'm missing something here but it's just a thought....well minna be safe out there.

I'm thinking of organizing my own save J-Town rally complete with breakdancers & a special guest rap performance by Ice-T. It would be a great opportunity to bring together the rival break dance crews in the city for a good cause. What do you guys think?

P.S.
Langdon, I hope your pet tarantula doesn't escape from his cage, crawl up your one rolled up pant leg while you're sleeping & bite the inside of your ass cheek releasing venom that gives you a horrible itchy rash.
Freefall I hope that you don't slip as you're getting into the shower then fall hitting your head, knocking you out for a couple days butt ass naked on the floor & your neighbor calls emergency services to check on you because your mail is piling up then the police & fire men find you passed out butt ass naked on your bathroom floor in the fetal position shivering in your own urine & feces.
I really hope that doesn't happen to you guys because you're both my friends & I love you guys dearly as much as a non gay guy could love another non gay guy except Langdon because he's gay. But I'm not.

11 comments:

Langdon Alger said...

geez...get over it already and stop your childish insults and whining!!..I think I'm gonna start calling you "Whiny McCrybaby"..

Langdon Alger said...

oh..and before Hikaru starts licking your balls again..."OH MY GOD!!...THAT WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUNNY!!!!...YOU SHOULD BE SOME SORT OF WRITING-BLOG-INSULT GUY!!"

Tsuji Eriku said...

Crying? ummm...I don't think I was crying bro. & leave Hikaru alone, he can lick my ballz as much as he wants. Your just mad because you kissed him after he did it. hehe.

Tsuji Eriku said...

And when I said you were gay I meant that you were "happy", do you want me to get a dictionary for you? I meant that you were happy & I was not happy. So really I was just clowning on myself. You actually sounded more like you were crying on your comments.

Langdon Alger said...

yeah your right...I was crying..I was crying because your latest blog entry bored me to tears...that and because I had a nightmare about your bushy mustache destroying japan town...THE HORROR!!

Tsuji Eriku said...

Could happen, I woke up this morning & my mustache was absent from my upper lip.

Tsuji Eriku said...

Let's go back into the archives & read your wonderous backlog of exciting posts they are sure to excite & amaze all the readers. Oh how funny wowee langdon you are tops man. Jerk.

Tsuji Eriku said...

You keep this up & I will un invite you to my birthday party. It's gonna be cool too I'm gonna have a Ninja Turtle jumper & everyone's gonna be there & my Mom's gonna order pizza. Everyone that attends will get a grab bag chock full of gashopon toys & 1 of 4 Ninja Turtle masks. I'd hate for you to miss out.

Tsuji Eriku said...

Leonardo Donatello Michaelangelo & Roberto will all be there. Will you?

Langdon Alger said...

aw dude...I'M SORRY...I'M SORRY..I'M SORRY!!!..I can't miss out on the Eriku's Radical COWABUNGA Birthday BASH!!ROBERTO IS MY FAVORITE NINJA TURTLE!!!..he kicks arse with his sobrero fighting action and deadly churro cinnamon sugar blast!!..

Tsuji Eriku said...

deshou! I love how he uses his big oversized sombrero as a shield & his Churro as his sword! Kako ii...BTW I got u a copy of OLLIE at JTOWN yesterday holla!!!!!