Jul 15, 2006

Zeebra "Street Dreams" = Japanese Rap That Doesn't Suck



This is one of my all time favorite tracks from Zeebra. I first heard it courtesy of the Nihon no Hip Hop beat diggin skills of our very own Hikaru. He gave me this track & after bumpin' it I thought it was a heater fo' sho'. Ja Rule jokes aside the song is a burner. In the PV you can see that there's a lot of pride within the Nihon no Hip Hop community & he gives tribute to alot of the heavy hitters that are doing their thing. I like that alot.

Regardless of what people in the States think or feel about artists like Zeebra, Rip Slyme, DABO, KREVA, Teriyaki Boyz etc etc. Japan has it's own brand of Rap music & if you're willing to give it a try then you'll be pleasantly surprised & refreshed. Kite kudasai!

No comments: