Aug 16, 2006

Tsuji & Hikaru Masquerading as Jrappers...sorta.

For those that don't know, Langdon, Hikaru & I have some background in music. In fact in highschool Langdon & I used to be in a rap group called Dimension X (I tried to tell Langdon the name was gay but he wouldn't listen). Then some of our friends that were in a rap group called Flipside recruited us to rap for them. Man we kicked ass at the pep rallies & dances.

Langdon & I dabbled in music production until I started going to school & had to sell my studio equipment to pay tuition. Hikaru however surpassed all of his older homies & became quite the music producer.

As a JFan I couldn't help noticing when I heard a song that was ripe for remixing or that would sound good with a rap added. Sowelu's "Do You Remember" is one of those songs. I asked Hikaru to remix the thing & he worked his magic, then we hightailed it to the studio to add our "raps".

This is kinda a hit with some our friends & rather than let it sit here on my computer & collect dust I thought I'd share it with the crew & our 1 reader. Hikaru is a musical genius & he put just a little spin on the original but added a hell of alot of bounce to it.

Without further adieu Kite Kudasai:

Sowelu "Do You Remember" Riot Union remix

10 comments:

Langdon Alger said...

actually..you came up with the Dimension X name...you were on some Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle shit back then...I came up with the name "Master Minds"..either way..they were both gay..

Craig said...

So Hikaru is okay? I haven't seen him post around much lately.

Craig said...

*Heard it now* That was cool guys.

Tsuji Eriku said...

Well there's a couple rumors going around:
1: He's in Fukuoka chasing after that chick he met on tagworld.com
2:he's pissed off at us

Either way that's a punk bitch move.

He's not returning calls & hasn't shown up for nichi-yobi media exchanges in awhile so we have no idea where he is.

Tsuji Eriku said...

This was my feeble attempt at "playing nice" so he'd start posting again so we could get back to picking on him.

Craig said...

For what it is worth my dad has been blogging for years now and he always uses different pseudonyms. It's all part of writing.

Tsuji Eriku said...

When it comes down to it, none of us really care about him writing under different names, like I posted on his blog "it's only jpop" = it's only fun, we don't take this seriously. He's known us for years & knows better (or should) than to take anything we say here on YODC serious. We knew he'd start apologizing & stuff & we think it's funny. Hell I'm that man's biggest advocate! I support his art, music & him as a friend! If he took anything to heart then he's being a big hairy pussy. I had nothing but love for him ever since he was just a shorty coming up, it's Langdon that hates his guts. Langdon told me on tuesday that he literally wants to kill him, chop up his body then throw it over the Bay Bridge. I on the other hand just want to put him in a head lock & give him a noogie & tell him to quit crying & boss up.

Langdon Alger said...

no..I said I would skin him alive and then wear his skin as a dress...

Tsuji Eriku said...

Craig I'm starting to think that YOU are actually Hikaru wearing a Craig mask playing a sick joke on me & Langdon. If so...damn your good.

Craig said...

LOL if that were the case we'd be in some strange Fight Club territory where I'm not aware it's happening :)