Dec 14, 2006

Kouhaku

The end of the year is fast approaching which means Kouhaku is coming up. San Francisco's Channel 26 airs a heavily edited version but hey I guess I should be thankful that I get to see it at all. Come to think about it, I don't really need to see all of Kouhaku.

Anyways here's some of my favorite performances from Kouhaku of years past.

ORANGE RANGE "Locolotion"


Everyone's favorite Okinawans Orange Range were having a live the night Kouhaku aired in 2004, so they appeared on the show via video feed. Oh, I take back what I said about them being my favorite Okinawans, my favorite Okinawan is Arigaki Yui. Langdon's is Amuro Namie.

The Checkers "Farewell Medley"


Damn those 80's bitches loved them. You can hear the breezies sing along with every word. Apparently this was their last performance as a group & it was at 43rd Kouhaku.

Judy and Mary "Sobakasu"




Judy and Mary rocks, too much flavor in your ear!

XJAPAN "Silent Jealousy"


Visual kei to the max. Rest in peace Hide!

Kouhaku is invitation only see who's been invited to perform this year. Kouhaku 2006 artist list

Don't worry your precious GAM & Morning Musume made the cut. Ja.

4 comments:

Craig said...

I feel like I've been to some special YODC Kouhaku now :o

Thanks for the tickets Eriku-san.

Did you see "Judy and Mary"?! SUGOI*...

* 'Amazing' I'm trying to say :)

Tsuji Eriku said...

Yeah no doubt Craig, shit was wild huh (Judy and Mary).

Yeah it's a favorite past time of mine to peep out Kouhaku, it's pretty cool.

I guess you would have to settle for the torrent of it, unless they offer some type of Japanese satellite TV service in the UK.

But like I said unless you love enka too, you don't really need to see the whole thing.

Langdon Alger said...

wonder if the girls of H!P are gonna do some sort of "retro" thing again...last year was pretty cool..

Hikaru_Doumuoji said...

i hope this years Kouhaku is better than last years. Kudos for the reminder.