Oct 13, 2007

Transformers Universe - Superion


for an idea of scale
(left to right)X-Car (Spychanger 2000 version), Superion (Transformers Universe version), & Omega Prime



Transformers Universe Superion
released around 2005 in the U.S.

Langdon & I swung by the old KB toys outlet today & they had a whole shitload of these aerialbot toys from the Transformers Universe line. They had the whole set there so I picked them up.

Not as cool as the vintage aerialbots but still a cool toy nonetheless. Also these aerialbots were much smaller in scale than their vintage counterparts. This particular toy was released in Japan by Takara originally back in the early 90's. Re-released by Hasbro as part of the Transformers Universe line circa 2004-2005.

The thing that I like about this toy is that kids that couldn't afford the leader class toys could still pick up these smaller guys & combine them all into the Superion figure which would have been roughly the size of a deluxe class figure. Toy companies should really do a lot more things like this, creating small playsets that could combine with other playsets in a particular line to create something much larger in scale.


for shits & giggles one of Craig's homies reviews the Superion toy vintage version
I never thought I'd say this but I think I found someone even more gay for Transformers than you Wonton!

No comments: