Nov 27, 2007

Takeuchi Mariya



So I was in Shibuya at a Yakiniku joint with Mizuho getting bent off the brew when this song came on. I stopped & gigged for a minute & was like Mimi Chan who sings this song? "Takeuchi Mariya", she replied.

I was like damn man we gotta stop by HMV on the way to the station I gotta pick this cd up.
When we got to HMV we looked & looked but Mizuho was like, I forgot the name of the song & what album it was on. It's old I think my sister has an old MD with that song on it.
Disappointed we left & I was too drunk to walk down to Tower Records in the rain.
I was looking forward to a nice warm futon & a nap.

So the day before I left Tokyo I stopped by Tower & I just picked up a few random Takeuchi Mariya cds thinking, I know one of these goddamn cds has that tune on it!

.......how about NO

So if any of you out there can help a brother out with the name of this song & the album it's on HOOK IT UP. Needless to say I never got an MD in the mail from Mizuho... =(

And I tried my best to listen carefully to the video but my ears only hear Takeuchi Mariya San no blah rhapsody blah blah.

UPDATE



Jun'ai Rhapsody from the Impressions album

until I found the vid of Yoshizawa Hitomi singing the song I really didn't know what to look for, I heard it in a busy restaurant while I was eating & drinking playing in the background, halfway drunk...awesome

3 comments:

Tsuji Eriku said...

it's kinda cool seeing Yoshizawa Hitomi sing this tune, although the Mariya version is way better

Rangudon Argeru said...

I like it

Radicalpatriot said...

Cool. How long have you lived in Japan? Love your description of the local area. I think I want to go there.