Aug 18, 2008

42" Grand WEGA™ Integrated LCD Rear Projection Television



Wonton sold me this tv, I finally picked it up Saturday afternoon. I thought it would be kick ass to have this monster in my bedroom, thing is my bedroom is slightly bigger than a prison cell. I couldn't sleep a wink last night, it felt like two headlights were shining highbeams at my eyeballs all night. So now I am thinking of putting this bad boy in the living room, but that means I'll have to invest in a smaller HD tv for my room & the impending arrival of a PS3...

Also my calculations were off & this thing blocks the view of my vcr & dvd players it's a bit too tall.

5 comments:

Rangudon Argeru said...

that sumbatch is HUGE!!

beemer said...

Use that screen to watch AV!!
OMG!!

Tsuji Eriku said...

I spent $100 yesterday on cabling sonofabitch. Wii games are coming through supposedly @ 480p & look beautiful & PS2 games are looking a bit better too. Damn this only wets my appetite for a 1080p capable unit now, like Bob Marley said once you get what you want you want more. I can't wait to see bluray movies on this, Wonton's new tv KILLS it he was showing me some stuff on it when I went to pick this bad boy up, yeah I've picked up an SVid cable yesterday & I've already hooked my laptop up to the tv so I can watch all my dpwnloaded dramas etc on it & YES I did watch HONOKA in "Harem of Amazons" & this tv makes her pussy look HUGE!

wonton said...

Did you find the component cables for the PS2?

You should really calibrate the TV too. By the looks of your pictures, the set is in 'vivid mode' so everything is super bright...Pick up or rent a copy of The Incredibles if you don't already have it. There's a decent THX calibration setup in the special features.

Tsuji Eriku said...

yeah I found the component cables for ps2