Sep 10, 2008

Embarrass yourself in public

So I was driving home from work yesterday when I got a call from Charlemagne, he sounded all depressed & wanted to go & have a couple drinks. It sounded like he needed someone to vent to so being a good friend I said sure.

I headed over to his house to pick him up but when I got there he already had a bottle of whiskey cracked open. This should have been my queue to go home but Charlie looked distraught so I had a few drinks with him, ok 8 shots of whiskey. Our old buddy Dennis was also in the house but for some reason Charlie only poured for me & him?
After the 8th shot I was like "yo we gotta get some food" Charlie suggested going to Applebee's in the mall. The thought of a slab of ribs & a mess of fries sounded good plus I needed something to soak up that alcohol.

I had Dennis drive chunky black since I was drunk, thank god for Dennis...
We get to Applebee's & I order my ribs & hit the bathroom to take a piss & when I get back to the table I find Charlie had ordered me a Tokyo Tea.

Tokyo Tea
1/2 oz vodka
1/2 oz rum
1/2 oz gin
1/2 oz tequila
1/2 oz triple sec
1 oz Midori® melon liqueur

I think Charlie has a drinking problem.

Anyways I should have known better to just stop but he already ordered that shit so I drank it.
I killed about 80% of my plate when I felt myself fading to black so I downed the glass of water I had in front of me. It didn't work, I went to the bathroom & yacked up everything I had going on in my stomach.

Dennis came in & was like hey man you cool. "No" I replied, Dennis pulled the car around front while I waited in Applebee's bathroom, then he came to get me & I did the most obnoxious drunk walk through the entire restaurant, even while was drunk I was embarrassed.

I passed out when we got outside & when I came to I was sleeping in the backseat of my Xterra.
I got out & saw I was parked outside Charlie's house. I stumbled inside his house & slept until 2:00 am. I got up & drove home to find obaasan still up waiting for me worried sick.
I slammed a bottled water & crashed. When I got up I found that my grandma had called me 6 times & left worried messages on my voicemail.

Boy first of all, I should have known better than to get like that. Second Charlie's got a problem, from what I gather he does that shit practically daily. Thirdly I'm an asshole to put poor obaasan through that shit & lastly I'm highly irresponsible for calling in to work because of a hang-over.

I'm a pig. I hate myself. I'm too old for that shit.

1 comment:

Rangudon Argeru said...

eriku, I don't want you hanging out with that Charlie anymore..he's a bad influence on you!