Jul 3, 2009

Morning Musume Live...

Here's some randome footage of the Morning Musume booth in the Exhibitor room @ AX '09













Alright first off seeing the girls live was awesome. Being in the same room & breathing the same air was amazing, I almost had tears...sorta....anyways.

Our seating arrangements were not exactly ideal. It was hard to see the girls as all the seating was on the floor & the stage wasn't elevated enough. I pretty much watched the entire show on one of the monitors...

I loved the show & I even enjoyed the new material, it was great! I really can't say enough about the performance & the music, if you are a fan you understand completely.

But a middle finger goes out to the sound man who played fucking ACDC for 2 hours while we sat in our seats waiting for the show to begin. HELLO asshole! We are at Anime Expo, this is a JPOP concert...were there no other CDs available today that you absolutely had to force your ACDC down our throats?

I don't know about you guys but listening to ACDC is not how I get myself hyped to watch a Jpop concert.

2nd, I understand that most of the staff here are volunteers & I appreciate the fact that AX has brought quality Jpop acts here for our enjoyment but damn man, trying to get accurate info here is like trying to solve a sudoku puzzle.

OK my rant is done!

I have to admit that at first I was not exactly thrilled by the latest lineup of Morning Musume. I was like an old man set in his ways hating change & wanting to hang on to the members of the old lineup. But this show definitely warmed me up to them & I will definitely continue to support them in the future.

The same thing happened when Reina, Sayumi & Eri came aboard, some new & special personal experience with the new members opened me up to them & I came to love them. For those three (Reina, Sayumi & Eri) it was their live performance of Suki na Senpai.





It's just me being stubborn I guess & not wanting to move on...

Morning Musume is the only reason why I personally made the trip down here, there were some disappointments along the way but just being able to see them perform live was awesome.

Also special appearance at the show by Tsunku & Yoshizawa Hitomi..ahem Hangry that is.
Let me just say that Hitomi looked super beautiful & she displayed some of her comedic charm as well, that was a great surprise!

7 comments:

CJ Marsicano said...

It obviously goes without saying (repeatedly)... I shoulda been there. Le sigh.

Craig said...

Coolness

Anonymous said...

Believe it or not, AC/DC has been the standard Momusu pre-concert warm-up music for years--don't ask me why or or when it started, though.
So it's not AX but the Momusu crew itself that's playing that crap for the wotas.

Tsuji Eriku said...

That's weird.

Tsuji Eriku said...

Yes CJ you should be here right now this very second...=(

Langdimus Prime said...

and not trying to rub it in CJ, but watching Reina was a show in itself..her energy throughout the entire show was ridiculous and my god, she was looking hotter than ever with her jet black hair

Beemer said...

CJ is missing out. So am I, I'm on the other side of the ocean.
Damn Langudon, watching Reina sing live.