Oct 17, 2009

Stuffs


Tekken 5 Ultimate Collector's Edition with HORI Fightstick PS2
(comes stock w/HORI joystick & buttons, no plans to mod this)


Mad Catz Standard Edition Street Fighter IV fightstick PS3 full Sanwa (joystick & button) mod Seimitsu black balltop swap


HORI Real Arcade Pro 3 full Sanwa button mod w/ball top swap PS3
(HRAP3 comes stock with a Sanwa JLF-TP-8YT joystick installed)

Took me an hour to mod both sticks, I love the feel of Sanwa parts, very responsive indeed.
I'm happy with how everything turned out, the only thing I may do is swap the lollipop style ball top on the Mad Catz stick to a Sanwa bat top. That's a maybe though.

I found that Best Buy of all places had a stock of the PS2 Tekken 5 Ultimate Collector's bundle still in stock. Since I have a collection of PS2 fighting games I was in need of a couple of decent fightsticks for my PS2 & this seemed like a great option. Thank Buddha my cousin had a Best Buy card & he was willing to charge two of these bad boys for me.

I currently have no plans to mod the Tekken 5 sticks but I may get bored one day & do a full sanwa mod on both of them. One thing's for sure, it's gonna take me longer to mod the Tekken 5 sticks as the buttons don't have quick disconnects so I will have to break out my soldering iron.

Also I hear the joystick mounting plate will need to be modified so that A Sanwa JLF joystick can be installed in it. So long story short...modding the Tekken 5 sticks will be a bit of a pain in the ass.

It's not that the stick is terrible it's just that after playing on high quality Sanwa parts (joystick & buttons) it kinda bugs you down grading. Even a casual player like me can feel the difference but eh, they get the job done & I haven't had any problems at all with dropped command inputs while playing so I'm cool with it.

No comments: