Sep 23, 2005

CH Report

Formerly a 2-3 subscriber newsletter, the report makes its online debut here. After work, I decided to accept G-Bug's invite to go see Charmane S., who was finally making her CH debut. I'd already passed up other notable features last month, such as Kianna D. & Mika T., who I'll always remember as the 1st gal to ever seriously ask if I wanted to do a movie w/ her. What pushed me to go despite my why-couldn't payday-be-a-day-earlier budget was the fact that I haven't kicked it w/ G in a while, & he said Charmane was the one gal he always wanted to see. Anyway, off we go.

The veteran employees were working the door tonight, & they still hooked up the Recognized Regular $5 discount for us. Except Versace & Xtacy, I recognized none of the night's talent. There were some newbies that caught my eye, including a nubile Vietnamese lass named Honey who coaxed $20 out of G for a song. He gave a thumbs up, and said the girl thought he was familiar. I said it might be a line of her's, but he said she remembered his old hairstyle. After Char was introduced by the dj, I heard Native American drums over the speakers. I said to G "I hope she doesn't do a Linn Thomas & come out as Tatanka". My hopes were raised when the drums gave way to reggae, but G's laugh was quickly drowned out by the thunderous applause directed towards the little lady onstage in the big feather headdress & leather loincloth covering her black g-string. Like all the stars we see there, she looked much better in person. The 2nd half of her show was sweet....literally: She slathered her bathing suit areas w/ whipped cream &, as Prince's "Cream" played, she rubbed cherries through the cream-covered areas & in her mouth, then fed the cherries to the crowd. I could almost feel the bouncers' wincing as the whipped cream fell from the neophyte stage performer's body onto the unshielded stage that still had a few hours of use ahead. As she did the wind-down routine of throwing souvenirs out to the loudest jabrone, I leapt from my seat to secure 1st place in line....just in time to grab 4th place behind 3 dudes who watched the whole show from the line-up area...another sign that my best club days may be behind me. It was still a prime spot in line, which actually went out the door a la Tera. Once we got in, she proved to be quite bubbly & personable. She verified that this is her first foray into featuring, & she put in a lot of time into learning stage dancing & creating routines. We each got a polaroid, & when I pointed out that she closed her eyes (Rookie. Hot Hot Rookie.) in my pic she quickly took a 2nd one, giving me 2 pix for the price of one. Being considerate of the rest of the line, we quickly exited into the night. As was the case with KK, Nauty, & Kay-Lei to a lesser degree, there is definitely the potential for establishing a relationship through repeat appearances & eventual recognition. If her line was out the door on a Thurs night, I don't want to think about what the weekend will be like. In the past I'd definitely put a team against those masses but the sense of urgency isn't there, & I'm busy the next 2 nights.

This is either big news or I'm the last to know again: Kay-Lei's roadie from her last trip is working the same job for CharStar. When some of the guys in line asked about K, he told them that Kaylani has RETIRED from the biz, citing the end of her Wicked contract & solely concentrating on producing product for her website. At some point he also mentioned the never-failing "...the boyfriend is always cool with that job at first, but after a while..." I don't know if he was generalizing or still talking about the retirement. Either way, another champ has walked away from the game in the prime of a decorated career. Good Luck & Godspeed, little one. We'll always have SF & LV.

A nice evening leading up to another curious weekend; this one involving the Bs & C together. At least they hung out today, & there were no tearful/irritated messages on my phone. I returned my long distance pal's call today. Basically the routine is back on, complete w/ calls on the way to work & drama lamenting. At least she left my irritant in her wake...again. Ironic: when we last spoke, the burgeoning B&C tale was the distraction to my issue with her. Since that time, the B&C melodrama has gained intensity, making her another distraction option away from them. As she put it today, it's nice that we both have problems to talk about.

1 comment:

Freefall Jones said...

Truly inspired writing. I felt like I was right there --thanks for saving me the $$$ I'm sure I would have thrown out of my pocket.