Dec 14, 2005

Blue Lion: 21st Century Edition

From the fiery ashes of the blue pick-up emerges....my new gas-efficient ride. Today I purchased a 2005 Toyota Corolla. It's a bittersweet situation. I'll have a ride in place when my bro comes back to claim Green Lion next week, but the acquistion was literally a costly one. I'm practically broke until the end of January so going out, let alone buying x-mas gifts, will have to wait while I get this down payment out of the way. It's nice to have a reliable car with an extensive warranty, but I'm already counting the days until I can go out & have fun again. Like The Ataris said, "Being grown-up isn't as fun as growing up."

4 comments:

Tsuji Eriku said...

so true.

Freefall Jones said...

I feel your pain. I remember some years when I felt like giving everyone sugar cube castles and paper airplanes for Christmas.

Langdon Alger said...

I'll make an exception this year and take another one of your "snowglobes" made out of a baby food jar.

Son of Gigan said...

If you have any drawing talent, you can always make someone a Christmas card. You don't spend any money, and the recipient(s) will think that you put a ton of thought and effort into it...when you actually didn't.