Dec 9, 2005

The Slyders at Park Avenue Cafe


Such a rip-off. The menu says "slyder," but it was really just a mini-hamburger. It had a small stale bun, a small but thick patty of beef, a small slice of tomato, a slice of onion, and lettuce.

That's not a slyder. The patty should have been thinner and the onions should have been grilled. And why was there lettuce and tomato? It's like the folks at the Park Ave. Cafe wanted to improve the slyder, but they went overboard and pretty much messed it up. I could really use some White Castle.

Then to add insult to injury, Countess Daffodil ordered a crepe with chicken but they gave her the crepe with tofu instead. And she could swear the hispanic cook in the kitchen was glaring at her.

Who Is Freefall Jones?

1 comment:

Tsuji Eriku said...

This brings to mind my first White Castle experience. When I was on the east coast I made it a point to try White Castle (because it's a hip hop classic yo!). The problem was I never been there & didn't know what to expect (small ass burgers???)& I was in the drive through. Needless to say I was still hungry after I ate. Next time I went I bought a bag o' those mofos. This little slogan from their adverts cracks me up "come to White Castle for that one-of-a-kind STEAM Grilled taste!" what the ......