Aug 29, 2005

This Day Friggin' Sucks.

If you're not up for feeling down and/or hearing why I am for the night, don't read it. Just giving anyone looking this way a heads-up.




I'm at work when she calls, saying she needs to tell me something & asking that I don't get mad @ her. I automatically know what it's about. It was supposed to have been left behind already. I start disclaiming that if I hang up on her, I'm not through w/ our friendship; that's just my response & I'm done for the rest of the day. She immediately pleads for me to hear her out. I hear the same song & dance from before, and it sounds like she's not only ready to go back but commit more than previous times. I could only reiterate my unchanged disapproval as well as the defeated assumptation that she sounds set on where she wants to go with it. Great: just realized I now know how Tom Cruise felt when his dumbass son wouldn't be denied a chance to run headlong into unwordly gunfire & see the army get vaporized. (Hey it made my friends cry during the movie). Crappy reception forced our most emotional conversation to stop early, leaving me feeling like shit while actually appreciating my own foolish woes, which had kept me from talking to her as often as we usually do. Timely Ongoing Distraction = Silver F'n Lining.

When I get home, my roommate tells me that one of our friends lost her mother in a car accident. A tragedy as it is, but what made this even more gut-wrenching was the fact that the victim was driving with her husband, son, & 4 month old grandson (my friend's baby). My friend's father was already paralyzed from a stroke & her brother is mentally challenged. This left the mom as the one to take care of them. Both the father & brother are in serious condition, and tests are still being done on the baby, who is my friend's only child but 2nd pregnancy after the 1st baby was lost to a miscarriage. I was hoping she & her husband had the bad luck behind them.

My heart broke twice today. I'll just turn in early tonight & move forward tomorrow, where another live performance (with 40oz. pre-show) with friends await after plantation toiling. Shiet I had a couple of Random incidents around me today, but I lost focus of them by the time I got home. Maybe returning a blogteam member's call will keep me from getting too mopey. Usually does.

No comments: