Aug 7, 2005

Unsalted Kettle Chips


Why did I think these would be good? I was at the corner market buying a bell pepper and some potatoes for a stew I was making for dinner when I saw a sale on Kettle Chips by the register. The last time I had snacks in my cupboard was the almonds/cranberries mix I picked up at Trader Joe's. Those were long gone, so I figured it was time to buy something new to populate that empty second shelf in my kitchen cabinet.

I guess I wasn't in the mood for "Jalepeno w/Tequlla & Lime," or "Roasted Red Pepper w/Goat Cheese" chips, so that's probably why I picked up "Unsalted." I don't know what I was expecting for taste, but I'll tell you - there was nothing there. It had the crunch and texture of Kettle Chips, but there was NO taste. I guess potatoes are like tofu, you have to add something to bring out and enhance the flavor.

That's when I broke out the ground pepper and bleu cheese crumbles to top the chips. That worked perfectly. So if you want to go Iron Chef on your Kettle Chips - "Unsalted" is the place to start.

FJ

1 comment:

Freefall Jones said...

All right. One of us needs to buy a kettle. Then we can make chips and popcorn all day.