Sep 25, 2005

Job Signs/Dueling PDAs

On Friday 2 things happened: 1. I got an email on my work & personal/professional (non-look @ my ass) email from a woman recruiting me to do my current job for a private hospital. Looking at her contact info, I recognized her cel# as a number that calls my cel every so often. I never pick up unblocked numbers since they're usually looking for someone else. I called her & she broke down the requirements, which included Spanish language fluency. This was the lone requisite I didn't meet, but she said she'd call me back when she fills non-Spanish speaking positions. I added her # to my cel. 2. The County job announcements included an job with requirements that read exactly like my education/job experience. Considering that my current position is moving to a much farther office in Nov, I've been keeping other job options open. The significant pay increase is just a bonus. I took that Friday afternoon to get the required transcripts. Who knows where it might all lead? Could be cool.

Taking Friday afternoon off enabled my weekend to start early. I'll just say that after the last 48 hours, I think I can relate to footballs & basketballs, especially with their competitive use & the flashy highlights they are used in along the way.

No comments: