Sep 15, 2005

Uncle Sam Owes, For Once.

In light of the ongoing B&C dilemma that is building in strength & destructive power, here's a Random for my own personal distraction. I go through the daily mail & see a letter addressed to me from some State Dept. of Reimbursment. I'm thinking "Very crafty...I'm gonna open this and the letter will say that I need to reimburse the State for some tax mishap." I'm wrong. Apparently the State has created a program that is going through their records for unclaimed property or annuities to citizens. I have turned up in their system to the tune of $233 in US annuity w/ my name on it. Just from looking at the amount, I knew where the $ was from. Looking at the 485 Wolfpac address on the form confirmed that this was my final paycheck from my State job, which was my final college job which I quit upon graduation and being hired for my current plantation assignment. Since I left before the next paydate, they had to mail it to me. Considering how f'ed up my checks & paydates were when I was actually there, I already resigned myself to never getting that last check, which I never received. I just need to complete the mailed form & provide my SSN, and a copy of my license w/ my current address on it. I'm gonna see if I can do what my clients do & provide my license w/ a copy of my energy bill to verify the address. A modest slice of good luck & fortune in the midst of tomfoolery.

1 comment:

Freefall Jones said...

Sweet. That's like finding $10 in a jacket you haven't worn in months ...only better!