Oct 16, 2005

Random

Driving to work earlier this week, I saw 4 cars on the I-24 right shoulder within 20 feet of each other. Each car was wheeljacked to change their respective flats. I don't know what stood out more to me: The unlikely chance that four cars can have flat tires in the same proximity, allowing for a cooperative group effort, or the fact that it took four grown-ass men to change one tire on each car.

In work training this week, the instructor was going over different ways to alleviate stress @ the workplace. One of the alternatives he suggested was having a picture @ your desk. It could be a funny picture or a family/friends picture. Anything that can make you smile if not take your mind off work. One of the class attendees, a 55 yr old Olive Oyl looking lady, said in front of everyone "If I had a picture of you, I'd be happy. I like your face." The instructor, a handsome middle-aged fellow who had established he was married w/ adult children during the initial introductions, kinda laughed it off & kept going but he looked visibly shaken.

No comments: