Nov 14, 2005

"Simply having...A Wonderful Christmas Time..."

God I hate that Paul McCartney xmas jingle...one of my first jobs ever was working at Toys R Us during the holidays and that damn song played all the freakin time over the PA system...give me Bing Crosby and David Bowie singing "Little Drummer Boy/Peace on Earth," now THATS a christmas song!! I still can't help singing along everytime I hear that tune....

anyway..my otaku sensei Tsuji Eriku, was kind enough to help me out with todays edition of "Langdon Algers Super-Terrific-NOW-THATS-WHAT-I-CALL-A GIFT" idea of the day.. Domo arigato gozaimasu Eriku-san!


I was doing research on the history and evolution of the Japan Airlines stewardess uniforms when I got a call from my brother in arms Langdon Alger. He asked me to write a lil' sumpin' sumpin' on the pros & cons of both the Sony PSP handheld & the Nintendo DS.

Since I am a proud owner of both the PSP & DS I was glad to oblige.

First up the technological wonder of the Sony PSP.
I was very pleased with this purchase for the most part aside from a couple of minor setbacks.
There doesn't seem to be a huge range of game titles that make my little dude stand at attention. The interface on the web browser could use some work, it's just a pain to use.

I have downloaded a shitload of anime/music vids/J Dramas etc etc. All of which I can conveniently store on the PSP for viewing at my leisure. I don't really use my PSP to view pics or listen to music. I also own an ipod which takes care of those needs. If you don't own a ton of peripherals like I do, the PSP can take care of your "on the go" needs quite well in one package.

For the technical saavy there are quite a few useful "hacks" for the PSP. With some research a PSP owner can learn how to get games for free, and obtain all of your old favorite ROMS from days past to play on your PSP hehehe...

And now the Nintendo DS!!!!
I am a Nintendo fan straight up. I grew up on the shit so holler at your boy if you got a problem. An uninitiated DS owner may think they are getting the booty end of the technological stick but I beg to differ. The DS gets more play from me at this
time in my life. I love the fact that it is backwards compatible with Gameboy Advance games too. With a little research (and monetary investment) DS owner can learn of a device called a Play Yan. The Play Yan allows DS owners to watch videos, view pics, play ROMS & listen to music.
I was very pleased with my DS purchase, though it doesn't have the all in one capability as the PSP I think the games and backward compatability features are kick ass.

Alright y'all Tsuji Eriku is outta here, weigh the options on both handheld systems...all in all they are both great buys. Ja ne!


SUGOI!!...now wasn't that a great write-up?!...hopefully we'll hear more from Eriku-san soon..but I was one of those gaming nerds that I had to buy the Sony PSP the very first day it came out..well, the novelty of it, for me at least, ran out rather quickly...in fact, the PSP that eriku currently fondles nightly(hehe) once belonged to me..I traded it to him for a 200GB external HDD which I get better use out of storing all the Hello!Morning episodes and other Jpop related ish I download..but um..thats a WHOLE different story....

oh and a quick note, if you haven't figured it out yet, click the image(or sometimes the titles) of each gift idea,including the past posts and it will link you to a to an online retailer where you can purchase said gift...

2 comments:

Freefall Jones said...

Does Eriku want to join the A-Team? Send me his e-mail and I'll send the invite.

Freefall Jones said...

Awww...rat bastard. Now I have that Paul McCartney song stuck in my head.