Feb 3, 2007

Bootlegs at the flea market


I helped T-Bear set up her booth at the Berkeley flea market this morning (she was selling some handmade greeting cards), but when I walked around to check out the other vendors I found one booth selling horrible, HORRIBLE bootlegs. And not even funny bootlegs--where Superman has a crooked "S" and is packaged as "Space Patrol"--these were just pure crapulence.

You probably can't tell from the photo above, but the Thing was just a repainted Hulk with an incorrect Fantastic Four logo on his chest--he wasn't even made of rocks, just smooth and orange...with ripped pants.

After I took that picture, the old chinese lady running the booth shot me a dirty look and I quickly walked away.

--Freefall Jones

10 comments:

Langdon Alger said...

but where else can you get Batman, Green Batman?, Mr. Incredible, Thing and Spiderman in one action filled 5 figure pack?

Tsuji Eriku said...

Langdon that's batman, the hulk, Mr incredible. hulk-thing & Speiderman the jewish spider man.

yeah that shit is pure ass.

I've been looking for a purple power ranger figure did you find any there?

Langdon Alger said...

oh..I know the Speiderman's...they're father is my accountant.

Freefall Jones said...

Yup, Tsuji -- they had purple Power Rangers. I think they were ALL purple. And the packaging had a picture of Star Trek on it.

I didn't really see that, but if I looked long enough, I'm sure it would've been there.

Son of Gigan said...

Umm...look a little closer...what is Woody doing?

Tsuji Eriku said...

It looks like he touching his cock n' balls and waving "hello" to everyone.

Craig said...

LOL

Freefall Jones said...

Oh yeah, I forgot that clicking on the photo shows you a bigger version--does Woody's hat look like it would be way to big?

Tsuji Eriku said...

it looks like woody's got his hand on his dick

Tsuji Eriku said...

it looks like woody's messin' with his balls