Sep 18, 2007

Champion of the Day:
Flat Screen Traveling Salesman

T-Bear and I had just finished having dinner at a popular tex-mex chain restaurant (rhymes with "Jevy's") and were preparing to drive out of the parking lot when a big sedan rolled by the front of my car. There was a gentleman sticking his head out the passenger window trying to get our attention -- the sedan drove past, stopped, backed up and the man motioned for me to roll down my window.

I opened my window a little bit, just enough to hear what he had to say...

"'Ey...could you use 46-inch plasma TV?"

Man, who COULDN'T use a 46-inch plasma? And, probably at a "discounted" rate. Unfortunately, I was too dumbfounded to process this amazing gift from the heavens and told him, "...nah, I'm good."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna buy a 46-50-inch screen one of these days. Haven't decided on whether I should get LCD or plasma, though I leaning towards plasma.

Freefall Jones said...

The bad news about plasma is that it's only designed ot last about 5 years and then the plasma starts to degrade.

If you see plasma prices start to drop, that's the reason why. I think LCD is the way to go...