Feb 25, 2008

Diggin' In The Crates "Miles M.F'n Davis" Edition



Scored along with six other Miles titles and arriving in my PO Box over the weekend: Miles Davis' Milestones LP, notable for being his first album with Cannonball Adderley joining Miles' classic first quartet with John Coltrane and for the title track, Miles' first recorded example of modal jazz (pre-Kind Of Blue. And as those of you that are trainspotters amongst us will note, this is an ORIGINAL pressing with the old "six-eye" Columbia label. Near-mint condition and it sounds PHAT.

Total cost of all seven Miles albums from the one eBay seller? $76.00. There's some folks out there that would probably pay that amount just for a copy of this record with THAT style label in NM condiition.

2 comments:

Langdon Alger said...

you and weinstein would have a blast diggin for records..that guy has quite the impressive collection of original breaks and samples

CJ Marsicano said...

I'm going to my first record show since 2001 on Sunday. Ever since I got my new turntable I've become obsessed with getting the best copies I can find of every Miles Davis and John Coltrane record out there.