Mar 9, 2009

Diggin' In The Crates "Bootleg The Casbah" Edition

This band doesn't need an introduction. They're the Only Band That Matters...


Artist: The Clash
Title: The Boston Tapes
Label: Viva Zapata
Vinyl: Standard black vinyl

I got this late last summer but right now, I can't recall where I got this from outside of the the website being based in London or thereabouts. But since it's the music in the grooves that matters every time, suffice it to say that this pro-quality recording (I think from a radio broadcast) recorded in Boston around the time of Combat Rock runs the gamut setlistwise for this lifelong Clash fan, with highlights from every album of theirs (except Give 'Em Enough Rope, strangely enough... also, despite my somewhat witty post title, "Rock the Casbah" is NOT on this album, but "Should I Stay or Should I Go" is.). Score this, and you'll have the perfect companion piece to the recently released and much essential legit Clash live CD Live at Shea Stadium.

No comments: