Aug 9, 2005

Had to be when I wore white

When I wear white, I'm always conscious of what my day has in store for me....especially mindful of activities that will dirty my shirt & leave me looking like a slob the rest of the day. Do I have a work lunch @ an Italian or Mexican restaurant? Fumbling pens all day? This crossed my mind as I put on my white Golden State Warriors shorts. The only time I wear white shorts is when I play ball, & they usually stay dirt, if not sweat, free. Couple of games? I should be fine.

1st game goes by w/o incident. I jumped in right when I got there so it was my warm-up game, as my 0-3 FGs prove. 2nd game is going good. 2-3 on shots. Blocked the bejeezus outta my man after he tried to shake me, prompting a "Good Defense" line from him (I know this, biznatch). I go up for a rebound with 3 other dudes when.....BAM. Big Honky Elbow comes down on my mouth, & blood is flying out. The game is stopped & I'm spitting blood like crazy. My DNA is all over the court as it comes outta my mouth in goops. I stagger towards the nearby water fountain, & one of my teammates says "Go to the other one. It's colder & cleaner." A much farther walk than the nearest fountain later, I'm rinsing out the blood. The dude that hit me comes over, checking on me & apologizing. I don't sweat honest accidents, so I tell him not to trip. As I watch the rest of the game next to my homey w/ the sprained ankle, I put my head down to rest for a second. That's when I see blood all over the white shorts. I wish it all would've landed on my black DX shirt. At least I still have all my teeth. Thank Your Higher Deity for small favors.

1 comment:

Freefall Jones said...

I blame those three little witches you ran into the other day. They must have cursed you.