Aug 8, 2005

Shootin' w/ Hell's Cherubs



I'm @ the park doing my morning free throw/jumpshot routine when I notice these 3 little girls heading in my direction. They had to be related in some way because they all looked like each other: a cross between my 8 yr old niece & that adorable kid from Dark Water. 2 of them are on scooters, while the 3rd one looks like she borrowed her older brother's skateboard. They start riding around the court that I'm shooting at. Except for when one of the scooterettes does a drive-by "Hello", there is no interaction between us. I shoot around while they encircle my court. When I finally pick up my keys to head home, they ride out to explore the rest of the park w/o a goodbye or any acknowledgment. It was weird but I couldn't help but smile. What topped it off for me was that the kid on the skateboard was talking on a cel the whole time.

1 comment:

Freefall Jones said...

Freakish. Kind of like you were Macbeth and they were your three witches.

Did they predict you were going to become king? If so, don't do it, and especially DO NOT listen to your wife.