Sep 26, 2005

Batman: Hush OVERSIZED Hardcover Edition



See that pic? Imagine it at 8-1/2" x 13". A normal comic book is about 6" x 9" and approximately 22 pages long. Now take twelve 22-page monthly stories, collect them in an oversized hardcover and you've got the heavy book I just bought. If I dropped this book on your foot, you'd need a new foot. Just kidding...not really.

So what's the story about? A new mystery villain named Hush has come to Gotham and unleashed Batman's rogues gallery on him. And superstar badass Jim Lee supplies the art. That's the reason I bought this book -- to see Jim Lee's art blown up to a larger size with crisp color on high-quality paper.

It's not cheap, though. It's $50, so it's a good thing I've got a fat bookstore discount. NO, not a five-fingered discount...how would I smuggle that monolith out? Down my pants? --"Hey, Freefall, your crotch is looking very square today."

FJ

1 comment:

Freefall Jones said...

I can delete the spam posts -- the other alternative would be to do some sort of verification, but that would make me not want to post anyway. so since i'm admin, I'll dump the spams.