Sep 7, 2005

The Transporter 2


I saw this movie about a week ago and I'm still glad I saw it. Usually right after I see a movie, I need a couple of days for it to percolate in my mind before I can say if I really liked it or not.

Think about Revenge of the Sith for a moment. Right after the movie, I thought it was a fitting end to the saga and a good bridge to the original trilogy. Now, the more I think about it, the more I wonder why Yoda decided to walk away from that fight with the Emperor. I mean, Palpatine was just as bad off -- why didn't he stay and finish the duel? Grrrr. That movie SUCKED.

The Transporter 2, however, was ri-DUNK-ulous. And I mean that in the best possible way. The action is unreal, but in the world of the Transporter, flipping a car in mid-air and using a crane to knock off a bomb on the car's underside totally makes sense.

This movie even made me want to own an Audi -- and that's even after owning a piece of crap Audi 5000 that I had to take from my sister (she took my Accord ...then crashed it, and she wasn't even transporting anything). The Transporter's Audi was busting through walls and jumping between buildings without even getting a scratch. Oh, and it was clutchless manual.

After getting all the character details in a nutshell at the beginning, the rest of the movie was all fights and chases. The plot manages to keep up with all the action, and there are a couple of twists to make this more than just a predictable kidnapping story.

So if you're going to watch only one movie this year where the hero kicks ass with a firehose, then this is it.

FJ

1 comment:

Ben Marvin said...

I've always wanted an Audi. Quattro, baby! And now DSG! Sweet!