Sep 11, 2005

Weekend Update

Friday night came & went w/o fanfare. Driving home, the traffic was stopped @ the bridge so I ended up turning around & going home on the San Mateo bridge. I was already tired after the movie & Lucky Chances after-meal, but the unexpected drive through San Mateo to the 'meda had me yawning w/ some road swerving. When I walked C to her door, she invited me in the rest a bit. I soon as I flopped onto the bed, I was halfway unconscious so she said I could just crash there. I was way too tired to think it over, but I at least had the sense to sleep w/ my back to her. I think she did the same thing. 3 hrs later I woke up, said bye/thanks, drove home, showered/brushed teeth, & headed to SF for the chocofest. Yeah Im going to sleep right after my weekend ends w/ this posting.

Emily Rose was exactly as I read it to be: As much courtroom drama as it is horror. The majority of the scary scenes were given away in the trailers & previews, but that didn't stop people from jumping & screaming throughout the movie. I liked it, but Im a crappy movie critic as I please easy. I liked the Spawn movie, among others, and i'd like to see Ray Bradbury's The Sound of Thunder before it's dropped from the theaters in a month. I did hate Ready to Rumble & The Cave, at least.

Ghiradelli was cool....chocolate liquer & chocolate stout beer were among the highlights. There was even a wine booth that had nathing to do w/ chocolate, but we had some & it counted off our sample tickets. We hit up the Seafood fest today. B was disappointed that they didn't have turtle (our inside joke), but we made due w/ gator bites, the more common seafood offerings, & funnel cake. I bet I still lose 2 lbs after this whole weekend.

Oh yeah here's a Friday Night Random....especially for the Sac-trip vets: I was having hawaiian food w/ B&C next to the theater when C noticed that our Emily movie tix were for a past showtime. They went to exchange the tix, leaving me behind to finish my food. 2 girls were in front of me talking. They looked no older than 17. One of them looked like someone took GC Candice, dropped her down a few notches to "pretty hot", & replaced her Eurasian lineage w/ proportional boobs & huge bottom Latina DNA. The stuff she was talking about with her friend...I wasn't listening hella hard but i picked up enough key words & phrases. They were talking the whole time we were there, but it wasn't until I was alone that they stopped for a sec to see if I was listening before continuing on. I appeared to be concentrating on eating. Among the overheard: pros & cons of curved male anatomy (weighed w/ her personal experience), a disdain for both male/female partners' pubic hair, possible female pal conquests, an interest in being a strap-on user after always being the strap-on receiver, and their new camera phones.

3 comments:

Freefall Jones said...

One of you needs to figure out how to hack camera phones.

Freefall Jones said...

...oh yeah, and Terrance, you really need to HIT THAT already.

Langdon Alger said...

you know..I can make a certain someone "disappear" and you won't have to worry about this so-called karma...besides, what does Boy George have to do with this?...