Oct 23, 2005

Tales of the Somewhat Strange and Creepy...

"Let me tell you how I came to own this bible signed by Jesus. I was downtown waiting for the #2 bus when a guy walked up to the bus stop. I said "Hi"...he said "Ola" (I don't think he was from around here...he looked to be one of those Mexican fellows). He didn't appear to have too much in life, but I did notice a bible under his arm. Wanting to kill some time, while waiting for the bus, I asked about the bible.
He said his mother and step-father, Maria and Jose, gave it to him as a child. Being curious, I asked about his biological father. Was he still alive? The gentleman answered "see". I said "see what?" He said that indeed his biological father was still alive and that they spoke often.
I asked about Jose. Was he a good step-dad? And he said "see." Again, I said "see what?" And he said Jose was the greatest dad....on earth.
After a long pause I asked where he was headed. He said he was headed home. He looked hungry so I asked him when was the last time he had a meal. He said it was supper, a couple nights ago. Feeling sorry for the guy, I reached into my pocket and offered up a few bucks. He said thanks and handed his bible to me.
He said "Look up Juan 3:16". Never having heard of the book of "Juan" I immediately went to the table of contents. I said "There's no Juan here, do you mean John?" and I looked up at him and he was gone (and I had missed my bus.....) And as I looked back down, there it was.....Pass it on! Jesus
So, I'm passing it on....One bible, signed by Jesus (Hey-suse). Shipping is $3.00 and I'll pick up the insurance. I only ship to the continental United States."

No comments: