Nov 22, 2005

Random

Any of you guys ever been subpoenaed before? The other day I found out I might. No I'm not wanted or anything ("I got warrants!"-Black Gallagher) but a friend of mine is involved in a court case that may require some kind of character testimonial from myself & another friend. It's too early to say how likely it'll be, but as long as I'm not in trouble or anything I don't really care. It'd be a definite break from the routine. Hey maybe I can get the whole day off from work.

Caught up with the Kross Kountry friend. She "met somebody". While she says he seems interesting as well as genuine, she said she's not ready to rush back into the dating scene...especially after her last experience (which has not died completely but at least the guy is nothing more than an annoyance at this point). What gets me is the fact that this guy is LOADED: Besides owning a Hustler club (which brings in $400,000/week by itself), he owns 3-4 restaurants, multiple houses, & his own f'n plane. Reportedly he covered the bill to book her & bring her out to NY, where she worked for a few days. While I give her credit for not giving up the ph# yet as well as believe her when she says he's not some showoff millionaire playboy (like Warren Worthington III, for example), I can't help but wince at the fact that most of what I heard was how he said he can fly her anywhere she wants to go and other little things that made it sound like he was trying to use $$$ to sway her. Maybe it's easy for me to say this since I'll never see that kind of $$$, but I said to her that the guy can offer dinner & a chance for them to get to know each other better w/o resorting to Lifestyles of The Rich & Famous. Heck being able to fly out to anywhere she tours is cool enough already. In all fairness, I did suggest she can take time to know him w/o out the pressure of deciding whether or not she wants to date him right away.

Ever hear a little kid's voice say something extremely vulgar? When I was playing ball yesterday, I overheard this group of 4th grade-looking kids talking. I don't know what they were talking about, but it prompted one of them to say to his buddy "...I'll give you a million bucks every week forever" for some unheard reason. His buddy responded with "Suck My Dick!" There was a moment's worth of laughter...the kind of laughter that is familiar with such bold talk. I've always known that kids in real life are closer to the South Park kids than their parents would ever want to know, but to hear it firsthand...it was as funny as it was unsettling.

3 comments:

Tsuji Eriku said...

If money makes you handsome then my name must be feo (fay oh). It must be tough on a guy with money trying to find "true love".

Son of Gigan said...

Yeah, it must be tough. Lord knows I wouldn't want to be filthy rich and have groupies throwing themselves at me every day. I'd MUCH rather be broke like I am now and have "true love." Yes, "true love" is WAY more valuable than all that. It really is. Oh, did I mention that I'm from another planet?

Tsuji Eriku said...

Everytime I try to say the words "true love" I want to bust up laughing. I don't know why but it's kinda funny. You try it...see what I mean.

P.S.
In no way am I a bitter lonely person of 29 years that stays at home with his grandma.
P.S.S.
I really wish I hadn't said that just now.