Dec 2, 2005

Pyramid Alehouse, Brewery, and Restaurant


Our company Christmas Party is going to be at the Pyramid Brewery this year. I'm sorry, let me correct that statement - our Holiday Party is going to be at Pyramid this year.

The flyer we got at work announcing the party made sure to note it was a "Holiday" party, lest anyone be offended by "Christmas." I wonder how many of you out there are having these "holiday" parties as opposed to "Christmas."

Anyway, the secretary in charge of organizing the party had never eaten at Pyramid before, so a group of us went there for lunch today. I showed up early with Countess Daffodil to avoid the who-should-carpool-together debacle that always happens whenever five or more people in my office get together for a lunch excursion. The two of us ended up sitting on a bench debating whether or not we should buy one of the cases of Apricot Ale that were on sale for $10.99.

The rest of our office attendees finally arrived and we got seated in one of the booths. It was very spacious - a big wide table and the seat/bench had a very high-back, to insure your privacy as you chow down on beer-battered fish and chips (which I ordered).

Around the table we had a cobb salad, chicken chili, turkey burger and cheese soup, fish tacos, tri-tip with cheesy potatoes, my fish and chips, and a flatbread appetizer that came late because the waiter forgot to put in the order. That waiter was lame -- very cold personality, I don't think he liked us at all. When he forgot the flatbread, he asked us if we still wanted it. Umm, yeah bitches, we still want it.

Overall, the food was enjoyable - but I wonder how much of that enjoyment came from the pint of Apricot Ale I had before the food came. By the way I opted to not buy a case of beer, and neither did the Countess. Not that we didn't like the beer, but because we both realized that all that beer would go to waste sitting in our refrigerators next to the other unfinished six-packs of hip, trendy microbrews.

Who Is Freefall Jones?

7 comments:

Tsuji Eriku said...

Freefall we're having a Winter Ball for our "xmas party". This is the first time I ever heard of a company charging their employees to attend the holiday party! $15 for myself & $35 for a guest. It's a safe bet that I won't be attending my company's shindig. Effing cheapskates.

Langdon Alger said...

why wouldn't you want to go to your companies "Winter Ball?"..it'll finally give you an oppurtunity to wear that white tux you bought cuz you thought it looked "kick ass!"...

Freefall Jones said...

Whoa. What? We need to get a pic of Eriku-san "puttin' on the ritz."

Tsuji Eriku said...

I don't wear that tux much because the shoes that came with it make alot of noise when I walk. "ta clicketa-clacketa" I also can't find the white gloves or top hat. Come to think about it the only thing I can find is the bow tie, the shoes & pants. Gross.

Son of Gigan said...

In my old ActionAce.com days, management suggested we not use the word "Christmas" on the site at all, but rather "Xmas," so as "not to offend anyone." As if celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ by taking his name out of "Christmas" and replacing it with an "X" wouldn't offend anyone.

Anonymous said...

that is so boring. gat a ;life

Tsuji Eriku said...

no you gat a ;life