Dec 3, 2005

Reality Bites...


Now in my younger days, Bizarre Ride II The Pharcyde was in constant rotation in my walkman. There was just something about the everyday rhymes over quirky (yet funky) beats that really appealled to me. Or maybe it was because Othafish and Passing Me By were my theme songs (cuz only nerd girls would jock me!). Now Pharcyde is down to half its membership (they should change their damn name to Imani & Bootie Brown of The Pharcyde) while Slim Kid Tre and Fatlip have ventured off into solo projects.

So, what happened to the "5th" member? Where the hell has producer J-Sw!ft been? Last I heard, he was suing some R&B dude who bit off the production from Passing Me By. Well, it turns out that J-Sw!ft is making a comback and is currently working on a new album. He was involved in a reality tv series about his life, but things went horribly wrong.

Can't even imagine what the Wascals or Anotha Level is up to...

3 comments:

Tsuji Eriku said...

Or Y'all So Stupid for that matter. Jesus there were a host of groups that should have never seen the light of day in that era.
As for JSwift, "Hip Hop ain't a way of life. It don't teach you how to raise a child or keep a wife". The first person that can name the MC that said that can be my best Hip Hop friend in the world. I guess J Swift kept it a little too real, he should have sold out & done a few tracks for MC WHOEVER'sHITTIN'RIGHTNOW.

Guillermo Paco Castro Jimenez DelaSantos Reyes Jr. said...

Gee, gotta clean out my ear... I must need a Q-TiP!!!

Tsuji Eriku said...

You're good.