Jan 30, 2007

Wish Room: Tenshi no Kioku
(Angel's Memory)


In the U.S., this Nintendo DS game is called Hotel Dusk: Room 215, and it's about a detective unraveling a mystery in some rundown hotel circa 1979.

I'd never heard of this game until it came in to the EGM offices for review--no one had really heard of it--but one of the reviewers actually thought it was awesome enough to give it at "10".

He didn't really give away too much about the game, but I do know that you hold he DS sideways, and I really like the artwork from what I've seen. You explore rooms and interview characters to solve the mystery--but you also have to use all the functionality of the DS: touch screen, microphone, and even the sleep mode.


Hopefully this unique game will find an audience here in the states. It's gotten some good internet buzz, but when I was EB/Gamestop a few weeks ago, I asked the employees when Hotel Dusk was coming out and they were like, "huh?" They looked it up and found nothing--despite the fact that there were three preview cases on their "Coming Soon" shelf.

Was their ignorance their own fault? Maybe. But maybe not,...Nintendo didn't really promote the release of this game at all, and when I went back to EB to buy one over the weekend, the clerk told me they were sold out, which was a surprise to him since the game didn't have any announced release date or pre-sale. He said it, "just showed one day and we put it out."



--Freefall Jones

1 comment:

Langdon Alger said...

"but when I was EB/Gamestop a few weeks ago, I asked the employees when Hotel Dusk was coming out and they were like, "huh?" They looked it up and found nothing--"


well thats because you went to the EB Games in Oakland and they didn't know how to spell Hotel..they probably typed in "Hoe Tell" and when they didn't see it in their system, they turned to you and said "We ain't got that shit!"